Acquire New Knowledge
Convergent Impact conducts facilitated instruction in an engaging, interactive, and thought-provoking series of seminars to explore the practical demands of leadership in complex operations on calls and back in the firehouse.
Seminar modules include:
- Using the previously completed assessments in a module on Enhanced Communication to highlight the best ways to communicate (and not communicate) based on individual styles and effective communication theory.
- Learning to Lead with Vision (rather than micro-managing) through the articulation of purpose, key tasks, and a clear description of the desired end state.
- The importance of Leader Adaptability to recognize changes in the environment, identify critical elements of the new situation, and trigger changes accordingly to meet new requirements.
- Identifying techniques in Making Effective Decisions in high-stress, time-constrained environments as well as those with increased time and longer planning horizons.
- Team Building methodology for forming, launching, operating, and sustaining teams, on a basis of shared purpose, trust, confidence, and competence, to quickly reach a higher level of performance.
- Understanding the critical nature of Emotional Intelligence and how it plays in perseverance, self-control, and skill in getting along with others and meeting the needs of a multi-generational force.